A quick walkthrough demonstrating the creation of a custom user pool and domain using AWS Cognito. These cloud resources are the prerequisites for creating a Kaleido Enterprise Org.
- Log into your AWS account and navigate to the Cognito service.
- Click the Manage User Pools button to create the custom user pool. If you have no existing user pools, follow the click here to create a user pool hyperlink to generate your first pool.
- If you prefer to leverage an existing user pool, it must be edited to require
- Supply a name for your user pool in the Pool name box and select Review defaults as the method for pool creation.
- Before finalizing the pool, you need to specify
Allow email addressesfield is enabled. In the Which standard attributes do you want to require? section select
- Next, click the App clients tab in the lefthand navigation panel to create an application client for the pool. Click the Add an app clienthyperlink to provision the client credentials. The credentials are visible once the pool has been created.
- Supply a name for the app client in the App client name box and leave the
Generate client secretoption enabled. Kaleido needs both the client ID and secret in order to securely communicate with your Cognito Pool. Click the Create app clientbutton to finish.
- On the new screen click the
Return to pool detailshyperlink to review your settings. Ensure that
- Lastly, provision a domain for the Cognito enterprise sign in. Click the Domain name tab in the lefthand navigation and supply a prefix for the amazon cognito domain. Click the Check availability button to make sure the domain is available. Click Save changes to save your domain.