Each environment contains:
- A firewall isolated network within which all resources run
- A permissioned blockchain, with its own genesis configuration
- The full-stack of services that make up your decentralized solution
Multi-region, multi-cloud environments
The deployment scheme for environments is either single-region or multi-region. A single-region deployment means that resources (nodes, services, etc.) are all created in a single region and cloud. A multi-region deployment model will allow for resources to be created in any of the consortia’s whitelisted clouds and regions.
- If your current plan does not support multi-region, you can upgrade by visiting the “Subscription” tab within your Account Management portal
- Regions must be whitelisted into a consortium before being available in the environments of that consortium
Configuring the Blockchain
The second piece of environment configuration is to choose the blockchain protocol options, including the client and underlying consensus algorithm.
Pausing an Environment
Environments can be manually paused by clicking the
... icon on an environment's row to reveal a drop-down menu, then selecting
Pause Environment. The environment's status will temporarily show
Pause pending before changing to
If you did not make a request to pause your environment and are wondering how it might have reached that state, please read this FAQ article.
Resuming a Paused Environment
To wake an environment that is in the
Paused state, click the
... icon to reveal the drop-down menu and choose
Wake environment. The environment's status will temporarily change to
Resume pending before transitioning to
Upgrading an Environment
Your environment is eligible for an upgrade to a newer release if you see an orange circular icon with a white up-arrow next to your
RELEASE VERSION when viewing the environment web-page. Click on the orange/white arrow icon and follow the pop-up instructions to complete an upgrade to the latest release.
To perform a hard fork upgrade of your environment so that your chain is configured with any newly available EIPs, refer to the steps here.