Kaleido offers subscription plans to match a project's needs from concept to production: Starter, Developer, Business, and Enterprise. Plans govern access to resources and actions within both the consortia and blockchain layers. For specific information on pricing, please refer to the Kaleido Pricing site.
Play around or build a PoC on top of various blockchain solutions and the Kaleido Marketplace services. The free Starter Subscription plan demonstrates Kaleido's commitment to accessibility to production-grade blockchain environments for projects in the concept stage. This tier is perfect for newcomers to the platform who want to perform lightweight experimentation with some core blockchain building blocks. Here are a just few example activities which can be performed in the Starter tier:
- Use the REST API Gateway for programmatic or manual transaction submission
- Utilize HD Wallets for deterministic key trees
- Set up event streams for reliable notification of on-chain state changes
- Test private and broadcast messaging within a consortium, and many additional Kaleido services
- Plus many more Kaleido services
NOTE: The below information details important limitations related to the starter plan and deployed resources.
To offer this entirely free tier of resource access, several key limitations are enforced. Specifically, environments are automatically locked 60 days after creation. If you wish to persist your starter plan resources and underlying blockchain state, you must upgrade to one of our paid tiers.
Upon an upgrade, your resources will be automatically unlocked for continued development and usage. If an upgrade is not performed within 60 days of the lock, the environment will be automatically deleted. You will receive multiple email notifications in advance of these actions, and our customer success team will remain available to answer any questions surrounding a transition to a paid subscription.
Starter plan resources are also subject to intermittent failover that may occur automatically as directed by the platform to optimize cloud infrastructure usage. A byproduct of these cloud infrastructure optimizations may be a temporary lack of connectivity to your nodes and resources. As such, the starter plan should not be used for important workloads, nor should it be treated as a facsimile of a future production environment. Please refer to the Infrastructure Maintenance documentation for more details on these actions.
The following limits allow us to offer this service for free:
- 60 days of active resource usage
- 1 centralized consortium
- 1 single region environment
- 2 non-signing small nodes
- 2 marketplace services (e.g., HD wallet, IPFS node, etc.)
- 5 application credentials
- Limited node features
- Limited support
- Intermittent failover resulting in brief resource unavailability
- Automatic Pausing
The Kaleido console will display a notification for any resource action or operation that exceeds the enforced starter plan limitations.
The Developer subscription plan is perfect for those looking to continue testing and development at the end of the Starter plan who may not be ready to move to a production-ready state. The following limitations of the starter plan are lifted in the Developer tier:
- Limits on consortia
- Limits on number of environments, allowing for individual environments for Development, QA, Production
- Limits on number of nodes and certain node features (e.g. creating validating nodes)
The Developer plan also provides the option to incorporate paid support into your subscription. This can prove useful for preliminary stage projects where consultation is required around smart contract logic, application architecture, load balancing, event streaming, etc.
Developer plan resources are still subject to intermittent failover that may occur automatically as directed by the platform to optimize cloud infrastructure usage. A byproduct of these cloud infrastructure optimizations may be a temporary lack of connectivity to your nodes and resources. As such, the developer plan should not be used for important workloads, nor should it be treated as a facsimile of a future production environment. Please refer to the Infrastructure Maintenance documentation for more details on these actions.
The Business subscription plan unlocks the broader feature set of Kaleido which provide the confidence to bring an application into production. This includes:
- Decentralized Consortia Membership
- Multi-cloud and multi-region environments
- Higher transaction and API limits with Medium and Large Nodes
- Monitoring via Log Streaming
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery with Node Backups
- Support SLA with 24h escalation (optional)
- JSON/RPC role-based access control via the Blockchain Application Firewall
The Enterprise Subscription plan provides access to features to meet policy and regulatory requirements of a larger business or regulated industries, including:
- Private Key control with KMS
- Protected communication with PrivateLink
- IAM integrations for OAuth based authentication and enforceable blockchain RBAC
- Permission-based consortia onboarding
- Cloud HSM signing
- Configurable block intervals
Please contact us for more information regarding our Enterprise Subscription packages.
Managing your Plan
You can change your Subscription Plan at any time. All usage is tracked by the hour, and will use the selected Subscription Plan during that hour for price calculations. If downgrading, certain Subscription plans may not be available if your organization uses features not available in the lower plan.
- Use the org switcher dropdown in the upper right-hand portion of the screen to open the Manage page
- Open the Subscription tab
Select Change Plan and select the desired subscription plan